Enrollment at Aldea Montessori
Thank you for your interest in our school. We are proud to offer to the Phoenix community an AMI-certified Preschool and Kindergarten as well as a Toddler class. In our efforts to create the best possible environment for the children, we seek families who display these qualities:
- A belief in the Montessori approach to education for their child
- A commitment to continuing to educate themselves on the Montessori method
- A deep respect and support of teachers and others
- A pledge to allow the child to complete the three-year cycle, including Kindergarten
- An understanding of school policies and the importance of 2-way communication
- A promise to keep financial obligations up-to-date.
Please see the following Admission Policies and Procedures. You do not need to submit the enrollment packet until you have completed the application steps and talked with the administrator.
Please read the Parent-Commitment Agreement very carefully, as you will be asked to sign it before your child enrolls. We are trying to convey how important completing the program is, as well as parental participation in your child’s learning experience—by coming to parent education nights, by volunteering at Aldea, by attending conferences and by observing in the classroom. The latter is particularly important in understanding what your child is doing. The more times you observe, the better understanding you have of the classroom.
There is also a description of the types of financial aid that are available to our school. A scholarship program through the Seed Money For Growth foundation is available to all of the Toddler and Primary students. First Things First provides need-based scholarships for families with lower incomes. Also, all children who will turn 5 by December 31, of the school year, are eligible for the Arizona State Tax Credit scholarship. Click here for detailed information on scholarships.
We appreciate your continuing interest in Aldea Montessori and hope that you and your child find a new home with us. Please do not hesitate to call me with any questions.
Admission Policies and Procedures
The admissions policy of Aldea Montessori is based on the educational concepts of Dr. Maria Montessori. We strive to serve a broad range of socioeconomic, religious, cultural, racial and ability groups. In keeping with our philosophy of serving the best interest of the children, all admissions are on a six-week trial basis with extended trial periods and evaluation procedures established as needed.
Eligibility (for new or returning students)
Children must be at least 18 months old on the first day of attendance. Children do not need to be toilet-trained.
- Children must be between the ages of 2 years 11 months and 4 years 3 months on the first day of attendance.
- Children must be toilet-trained (or very close). Diapers or pull-up diapers are not permitted.
- Children older than 4 years 3 months must have prior Montessori classroom experience.
If a child has previous Montessori experience, copies of transcripts may be required.
Application Procedure (for new students only)
- Interested parents should call the school to arrange a tour and talk with the Program Director
- If at the end of the tour you wish to pursue enrollment for your child at Aldea Montessori, you will be given an opportunity to schedule an observation of the classroom(s). Observations are for parents only.
- If after the observation you are still interested in continuing with enrollment, an interview will be scheduled for your child to meet the teacher and get to know the environment. For the Toddler class, interviews are scheduled Mondays and Fridays at 12:15 p.m. for approximately 15 minutes. For the Primary class, interviews are scheduled weekdays between 3 and 4 p.m. Primary class interviews last about one half hour.
- If at the end of the interview you are still interested in completing the enrollment process, you will have an opportunity to meet with the Administrator to discuss the final steps.